Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dev : Cannot find bean under name org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN

I am getting this error - "Cannot find bean under name org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN" when loading my jsp page. Something is wrong. What could it be?

At first, since it mentioned cannot find something, my thought was to check all my imported libraries. Nope, that wasn't the case. After some finding, finally I just realize that I have forgottten to put in the form name.

As for Struts framework's struts-html.tld to work properly in the page, we should always created the page as such:

<%@ taglib prefix="html" uri="/WEB-INF/struts-html.tld" %>
<html:form action="action_name_mapped_in_struts_config">
... some code...
</html:form>

This is to ensure that the correct naming and mapping is used when we are using struts-html tag.

No comments: